POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Noise3d and Megapov 0.5 : Re: Noise3d and Megapov 0.5 Server Time
2 Oct 2024 08:16:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Noise3d and Megapov 0.5
From: Chris Huff
Date: 30 Jun 2000 18:49:14
Message: <chrishuff-97A564.17491930062000@news.povray.org>
In article <395cb293$1@news.povray.org>, "Philippe Debar"
<phi### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:

> Known and agreed, but I would not say that it was useless.

I didn't say it was useless, just that it was limited by the plateus. I
ran into them several times, and either abandoned the scene or wasted
time looking for some way to work around it.

> So, could we use a #macro mapOldBump(mapValue) that could use the
> exactly correct function to switch to different bumps' incarnation.
> Can anyone with access to source do this?

Yes, you could probably make a macro to correct the blend map values,
then all you would have to do is duplicate the end ones...or you could
use the function pattern and reproduce the older version or both new
versions without even touching the blend map.

TAG Web page: http://tag.povray.org/